Because this is our first class, its structure is atypical. We will cover the following topics in sequence. A more representative structure appears as of January 30.
- Exercise: Our DH (Stickies)
- Two Digital Humanities Origin Stories (MGK)
- Introductions (all)
- How This Works: Objectives, Requirements, Evaluation (MGK)
- Twitter sign-ups (group activity)
- Guest: Dr. Kari Kraus (on the English department’s Digital Humanities Colloquium)
- Next Week’s Class (Readings and Exercise)
Images: Father Roberto Busa, SJ (left) with an IBM mainframe, and a sample of one of the love letter’s generated by Christopher Strachey’s program for the Manchester Mark I (right).